Friday 20th March 2020
Firstly, we are open and will continue to operate normally until we receive further directions from the Department of Education. This update reflects the information we are currently receiving.
The following measures have been put in place:
- All College camps, excursions and incursions have been postponed until further notice. Please note that students are still able to walk around the local community.
- The La Soiree, Year 11 Work Experience Program, Warrnambool Eisteddfod and all sporting events have been postponed until further notice.
- At this stage, all VET courses will continue to run as per normal.
- The Parent-Teacher conferences that were scheduled for Wednesday 25th March, have been postponed.
- Terang College is following the directions provided by the Department of Education with regards to hygiene, sanitization, social isolation and more regular and intensive cleaning of the College.
- Please note if your child is unwell we strongly recommend that you keep them at home and inform the College as to why your child is absent. This can be done via Compass.
It is important that Terang College has a contingency plan if it was required to close. In the event of a school closure, Terang College would enact the following measures:
- Learning via our Compass portal.
- Distribution of hard copy packages.
- The use of other electronic options to deliver the Curriculum.
In light of the current climate it is extremely important that every family at Terang College has access to and uses Compass. This is our main form of communication. It is imperative that everyone remains up to date. Therefore, if you have not accessed Compass previously, please do so now. If you require assistance with this, please contact us at the College.
In conclusion, please continue to speak with your children about these challenging times. We are aware that there is uncertainty in the community about the virus. To help you address some of these issues with your children please go to:
Mr. Greg Button Mr. Michael Castersen Mrs. Julie-Ann Kelly
Principal P-12 Assistant Principal P-6 Assistant Principal