You are no doubt aware of the significant changes that will take place this week:
Students are expected to attend school tomorrow, Monday 3rd August- Staff and students will be required to wear face coverings.
- Tuesday 4th August will be a student free day in preparation for ‘remote and flexible learning’ to recommence on Wednesday 5th August.
Terang College appreciates that this is a very frustrating time for all concerned. We will endeavour to provide you with updates in a timely manner. I would like to point out that we only rely on information from the Department of Education and Training (in conjunction with the Department of Health and Human Services) and not from any other source!
In relation to the new measures for face coverings, this is what it means for your child at Terang College:
- If your child is in Primary School (P-6), they are not required to wear a face covering.
- If your child is in Secondary School (7-12) and they are 12 Years and older, they must wear a face covering.
- All staff will be wearing face coverings. The only exception to this will be whilst they are teaching in which case they have the option to remove it.
- Staff and students (Secondary students 12 Years and over) must wear a face covering whilst travelling to and from school.
Please note: With every change there will be inevitable confusion and debate about what is and what is not right. At Terang College our aim is to follow DET guidelines and approach all matters with a sense of ‘reasonableness’. To this end we ask you to keep your child home if they are unwell and remind you to limit any interaction during school drop off and pick-up.
Thank you for your ongoing support. We will continue to encourage safe hygiene practices at school. Please do not hesitate to make contact with either campus should you have any questions.
Sincerely, Mick Castersen.