The Corangamite Shire is promoting Vic Health ‘Walk to School’ program and is encouraging students to walk to and from school more regularly over the month of October.
At Terang College P-4 campus, we are enthusiastically taking this initiative on board and will begin our annual ‘Walk in Spirit’ program.
This program will run for 3 weeks, every Tuesday from approximately 2:25 – 3pm (weather permitting).
We will begin our walks on Tuesday 8th October and will depart from the front basketball courts.
We would like to invite all parents and family members to join us on our weekly walks. Please be advised that some walks will be over a variety of terrains, distances and will be weather dependant.
Students will walk in their House groups around Terang for 30 minutes. From these walks students will
- Strengthen their bones
- Lift their mood
- Improve their balance and coordination
- Be more observant and aware of local flora, fauna and landmarks
- Develop a better understanding of road safety rules and awareness
- Participate in regular exercise with their family, friends and teachers
- Develop a greater understanding of Terang